Saturday, August 20, 2011

I said YES to a Dress!

Alright, it's been a month since I've had any major breakthroughs in wedding planning. However, after a busy day of dress shopping with my mother and sister, I've met my match.

I always thought that I'd be one of those girls that tries on Dress #1, Dress #2, and Dress #3. Then, I'd just pick the best one out of three dresses. Well, we started out at Catan's Fashions in Strongsville, where I tried on 6 dresses. The service at Catan's was wonderful, but most of their dresses weren't my style. I was looking for simple and most of their dresses had lots of lace or bling. I found one that I loved - but unfortunately it was a clearance dress ($2000+ on sale for $1000) and it would need lots of alterations. :(

Our search for the perfect dress continued at Dora's Bridal in Fairview Park. Now, I had stopped by Dora's after work earlier in the week, and fell in love with the place. The people working there we so friendly and helpful. I struggled to find dresses above $1000 (most of their dresses were priced $600 - $800).  And the dresses were just as elegant as the ones at Catan's Fashions (if not prettier).  After trying on two dresses, I knew the one below was "The Dress."

So, I said Yes!




2 comments:

  1. COngrats on finding a dress. I have heard many good things about Doras!

    ReplyDelete