Saturday, January 28, 2012

Six months and counting...

Ok, so it's time for a major wedding planning update! Last fall, I had been taking graduate classes part-time and working full-time, so there was little time for planning a wedding. BUT, now that the clock is ticking, I have been in full "Wedding Planning" mode, and plan to keep it up until July.  I will highlight what has been happening:



  • Pre-Cana Meetings - We have been meeting with the pastor at the Church (St. Adalbert in Berea, OH). We even had to take the "Marriage Test" - or a questionnaire about how you plan to address different aspects of marriage. We did very well on the test (thanks to years of Catholic education) and we scored 100% on problem solving (thanks to our engineering skills)!


Today's Bride Magazine and Shows

  • Bridal Shows - I attended the Q104 Bridal Fair and the Today's Bride Bridal Show, both in Cleveland, OH! I gathered lots of information on Caterers, Cakes, and Photographers. Speaking of those photographers...
  • Photographers - After meeting with and interviewing several wedding photographers, we ended up selecting Jeanette Palsa Photography! Jeannette is from the Akron area, but was willing to travel to Cleveland. Her packages were reasonably priced and she had a good mix of artsy photo-journalistic photos with the traditional family portraits. Plus, she is giving us the high resolution images with copyright, so she was exactly what we were looking for!
  • Maid-of-Honor Dress - After a long day of searching with my mother and sister, we found the perfect dress for my sister to wear as my maid of honor! She will be wearing Alfred Sung (Style D494) in Midnight as she walks down the aisle!

That's all for now - but I'm sure that I'll have more updates soon on Catering, DJs, & Cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment